Spring has arrived! The weather is getting warmer, the nights getting longer and the flowers are starting to bloom. It's time to begin removing winter's energy and preparing for spring's viberant energy. Spring cleaning and cleansing is a must for entering into this time of year.
1. Wake up your house and garden by walking through both and clapping your hands or ringing a bell to remove stagnant energy.
2. Spring-time is a time of rebirth. It's time to let go of what isn't serving your best life.
3. Clean your windows and window seals – inside and out to allow the light to find it's way around your home. Add a fresh line of red brick dust.
4. Wash down your front door inside and out with chinese money wash or any money drawing wash.
5. Make sure the inside of your front entrance is clean and clutter free. Chi needs a clear path.
6. Flip your mattress and place some fresh protective mojo under it.
7. Get your seeds ready to plant, both metaphorically and physically, for what you want to bring to fruition in the upcoming season.
8. Clean your altars and add fresh flowers and plants.
9. Write a wish on an egg and plant in your garden.
10. Have a clean jar ready to grab that first May rain.
11. Just like in the fall, move out the old to make way for the new. Spring and summer have faster moving energies so you need to make new space for the blessings about to bloom.
12. Do a good cleansing on your home with lemons. Citrus is antibacterial and antiviral, so it will literally clear those lingering winter bugs out of the house.
13. Smudge your entire home.
14. add some small bowls of salt around the home to absorb the dark winter energy.
15. Add some bright colors to your Ancestor altar.
16. Make a donation to a food bank, women's shelter or homeless shelter to celebrate Earth Day.
17. Eat the rainbow! Bring some colorful vegetables and fruits into your daily diet.
18. Welcome Spring by waking up early to watch a sunrise and take a walk.
19. Simmer some lemons, rosemary and ginger on the stove to draw in good energy.
20. Cleanse your crystals and altar items.
21. Light yellow, orange and green candles to welcome in prosperity.
1. Always work in odd numbers 3,5,7,9,13
2. In a pinch tie herbs up in a clean sock for a bath.
3. Place a pinch of crossroads dirt in house plants for protection.
4. Sprinkle African Ginger around a room to call spirits.
5. Place kava kava root in red flannel for success.
6. Adding brown sugar to baths sweetens situations.
7. Bathe with palo santo to remove negativity.
8. Carry an acorn for luck.
9. Lavender in your left shoe protects from a spirit following you home from the cemetery.
10. Keep a few coins in a jar of sugar to draw money.
11. Bury your spouses hair in the yard to keep them at home.
12. Keep a coffee grinder dedicated to grinding herbs.
13. Add May rain water to prosperity baths.
14. Burn sulphur to get rid of bad spirits.
15. Use red brick dust in your windows and doorways to keep out enemies.
16. Use hollowed out peppers to load enemy tricks to throw in their yard.
17. Lemongrass draws good luck.
18. Cleanse yourself with a black hens egg to remove negative energies.
Throw the egg over your left shoulder at a crossroads and don't look back.
19. Stinging nettle in a good jinx breaker.
1. Bury keys at a crossroad for 21 days as a road opening charm. Leave candy and pennies as an offering.
2. Add 3 pieces of abre camino to a gallon of spring water for a road opening house/business wash.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of powered abre camino and 3 tablespoons of sea salt to 3 cups of baking powder for a road opening floor sweep.
4. Quassia chips are NOT abre camino.
5. Tie 3 pieces of abre camino to a key with red and black yarn and place in a red and black bag with a piece of dried coconut for a quick road opener bag.
6. Bury 3 pieces of abre camino in a triangle formation at a crossroads with your petition in the center. Place a bottle of rum and 3 fat cigars on top. Walk away and don't look back.
7. Place powered abre camino in your shoes when going for bank loans, buying a house or asking for a favor.
8. Drill a hole in a fresh coconut, careful not to spill it. Place a piece of abre camino inside along with a piece of fresh basil and fresh ginger. Allow to sit for 3 hours. Drink the liquid and take the coconut to the crossroads. This will open your road to success in business.
9. Wrap a dollar bill around a piece of abre camino. Carry in your pocket when gambling.
10. Mix crossroads dirt with sulfur and pine. Burn to remove obstacles.
1. Always make offerings when asking the dead for favors.
2. Mix powered palo muerto with dirt from 9 cemeteries for calling the dead.
3. Burn anise, cardamom and coriander when working with spirit guides.
4. Never place photos of the living on altars for the dead.
5. Burn acacia to bring good spirits.
6. Keep ancestor altars and altars to the dead clean. Dirt and dust attracts negative entities.
7. Boil palo muerto in river water to make a wash to cleanse negative spirits and draw good spirits.
8. Bathe with an eggplant before working with the dead for Oya's help.
9. When entering a graveyard, never walk in with your eyes closed. The dead think you are one if them.
10. Always leave a gift at the front when entering a graveyard like bread, water, cigarette, fruit or liquor.
11. Wearing lavender in your left shoe will keep the dead from following you home.
12. Always take a cleansing bath when returning home from doing work in a cemetery.
13. Always have boundaries and rules for spirit guides so they know when they can approach.
14. Carry life everlasting when entering a forgotten graveyard.
15. Never feed your pets leftovers from an ancestor altar.
Sometimes there are people who have done us very wrong, hurt us or someone we love and we feel the need for justice or revenge. While I don't condone going after everyone who steps on our toes, there are certainly times when negative workings are justified. I always do a reading first to make sure the Spirits are willing to help. If I get an OK then I decide how I'm going to proceed and begin gathering my supplies. I generally work in threes, meaning I will do three separate works for a single cause. I might do a jar spell with vinegar, black salt and goat milk paired with some work in the cemetery with darker Spirits and finish off with a piece of raw meat with the enemies name carved in it left to rot in the woods. Protecting one's self, family, pets and property are a large part of Hoodoo and the ATR's. I always try to follow any negative working with a positive working to help keep the energies around me balanced. Keeping cleansed is also an important element in keeping energies balanced after negative workings. When beginning any negative work first make sure the work you are going to do is justified. Then decide how you
want to proceed and write out your spell. Make a list of all ingredients you will need. I like to prepare a space for this kind of working somewhere out of the main stream of the house especially where children and pets can't get to it. A lot of times I will perform these kinds of works outside or off my property. I like to keep as much negative energy out of my space as possible. One thing to always remember is to not talk or brag about your workings, especially the negative ones. All that does is being in more negative energy toward you.
1. Crossroads dirt mixed with huckleberries is good for uncrossing negative conditions.
2. Mix crossroads dirt with sulfur and drop where your enemy will walk.
3. Place crossroads dirt in plants around your home for protection.
4. Add a pinch of crossroads dirt to your bath water on Mondays for removal of obstacles for the coming week.
5. Mix crossroads dirt, cemetery dirt and dirt from a gypsy for a divination bag.
6. Keep some crossroads dirt in a small pot on your altar for quick spells and bags.
7. Mix crossroads dirt with dirt from a bank and dirt from a market for a money bag.
8. Sprinkle crossroads dirt anywhere you want to remove obstacles.
9. Place crossroads dirt in your shoe when job hunting.
10. Place crossroads dirt and dice in your pocket when gambling.
11. Bury a skeleton key in crossroads dirt for 9 days then keep with your divination items.
12. Mix crossroads dirt with black salt in a box and bury your enemies name in it.
13. Always leave offerings of pennies, peanuts, rum and cigars when gathering crossroads dirt.
1. Mix 1/2 cup sea salt with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon gunpowder, 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of red pepper for an uncrossing cleanser.
2. For a quick uncrossing add to a bath one tablespoon powdered ginger, one tablespoon curry and one tablespoon of blessed sea salt. Bathe for 9 minutes.
3. Rub the back of your neck with Florida water to remove negative energy.
4. Add a cup of strong black coffee to a bath for a fast uncrossing.
5. If you know who crossed you, write their name on brown paper and hollow out an onion. Place the paper in the onion and put the hollowed out part back. Tie with black yarn and throw the onion in their yard. This will send their crossing back at them.
6. Place ammonia and sea salt in a spray bottle. Spritz where you feel negative energy.
7. Mix crushed black hen feathers, black salt and crushed black peppercorns. Sprinkle around your property.
8. Bury nettles around your property to keep from being crossed.
9. Make a powder of crushed rose petals, blue cornmeal and salt. Rub on yourself if you've been crossed.
10. Add Rue to a protection bag and hang above your doorway.
11. Burn vetivert leaves to overcome crossings.
12. Place sage in your protection bag to overcome evil.
13. Sprinkle marjoram around your home to keep from being jinxed.
14. Boil holy thistle in river water. Allow to cool and add holy water. Add to your bath for 7 days.
15. Soak your feet in garlic, ginger and Florida water.
16. Burn curry to remove crossings in the home.
17. Sprinkle 9 white mustard seeds on the food of someone who has been crossed.
18. Cleanse yourself of a crossing by rubbing yourself from head to toe with 3 brown hens eggs. Do not break the eggs. Place in a brown paper bag and leave at the back of a cemetery.
19. Bury a iron spike at the four corners of your property to keep from being crossed.
20. Take a smudge smoke bath after being around someone who you believe wishes you bad luck.
21. Write the name of the person who crossed you on a brown hens egg. Boil the egg for 21 minutes. Throw the egg in their yard.
2019 Full Moons
January 21, 2019
The Full Wolf Moon is a great time to work on developing your intuition and wisdom.
February 19, 2019
The Full Snow Moon is the time for purification and renewal.
March 20, 2019
The Full Crow Moon is a time of dreams, intuition, secrets and women's mysteries.
April 19, 2019
The Full Pink Moon is a time for enchantment, love spells and beauty.
May 18, 2019
The Full Flower Moon is a time for creativity, fertility and creating new beginnings.
June 17, 2019
The Full Strawberry Moon is a time of prosperity, abundance spells, energy and manifesting.
July 16, 2019
The Full Buck Moon is a time for success spells, charms, and to take control of your life.
August 15, 2019
The Full Sturgeon Moon is a time to focus on spiritual and physical health and release old emotions.
September 14, 2019
The Full Harvest Moon is a time of clearing out both physical and emotional clutter.
October 13, 2019
The Hunter Full Moon is a time for blessings, divination and prophecy.
November 12, 2019
The Oak Full Moon is a time of grounding, preparation and transformation.
December 12, 2019
The Full Cold Moon is a time of rebirth, contemplation and meditation.
2019 New Moons
January 6, 2019
February 4, 2019
March 6, 2019
April 5, 2019
May 4, 2019
June 3, 2019
July 2, 2019
August 4, 2019
September 14, 2019
October 13, 2019
November 12, 2019
December 2, 2019
The use of graveyard dirt is a common practice in southern Hoodoo as well as many of the ATR's. Graveyard Dirt dirt can be used for both positive and negative workings depending on the time of day the dirt was gathered, where the dirt was obtained from and what offerings were left as payment. Graveyard dirt can also be obtained from legitimate practitioners. My way of gathering graveyard dirt is to first make sure I am cleansed and in a proper frame of mind. A lot of times I will wrap my head in white to cut down on spiritual chatter and to keep out negative spirits. I pour rum at the entrance of the cemetery and ask permission to gather the dirt. There is always a guardian spirit at the entrance of every graveyard. After pouring the rum, I stand quietly and listen. If I feel no negativity, I enter the graveyard. There have been times when I felt an overwhelming sense of negativity, danger, sadness and just plain fear. When this happens, I back away from the graveyard and leave. If I'm allowed entrance, I spend some time just walking through the graveyard, talking quietly with the spirits. I will then gather my dirt, leaving 3, 7 or 9 blessed pennies as payment, sometimes fruits and bread. I always say a blessing for all the souls in the graveyard. When leaving I again pour rum at the entrance and thank the guardian spirit. Most times I will go home a different way than I went and make 3 stops before heading home to confuse any spirit that is trying to follow.